Pages

Mothers' baby

Friday 8 April 2011

Breastfeeding my baby.

        I thought breastfeeding is as easy as putting your nipple to the baby mouth to suck.But opss.. it did require some knowledge as well as skills. I tried for 2 weeks before I truly confident and know how to breastfeed using both breast.
         During my pregnancy, I had heard so many about the benefits of breastfeeding.  Our government also encourage breastfeeding exclusively until 6 months old. WHO encourages breastfeeding until 2 years old. However, in my family breastfeeding after the first month the baby was born is consider new, impossible, weird,  demanding, troublesome,  may harm the mothers' body and the list goes on..
        I have been trying to explain the benefit of breastfeeding and are firm with my stand.  I believe natural is the best and like what my husband said ' ..that is why God created women with larger breast than men. Women are supposed to nurse the baby'. 
       Been fully breastfeed my baby, I need to be very caution and selective to my food.  I need more calories as the baby depends fully of me for her growing up.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment